Boss is giving me guilt trip over resigning?

I gave my boss a three week notice, and he says its not enough. I am not in management or any executive position. Has been making me feel guilty for deciding to leave, and is begging me to come in on weekends and time off from my new job to help him. I just want out and to cut all ties, but the guilt trip is incredible. I have tried to speak reasonably that I cannot make any promises about what time I will have available, because I am not at my new job yet. (I only gave notice a few days ago-so I am still at my old job). The begging is making me crazy. I offered to assist training my replacement, and if need be to spend an hour or two on a weekend to help train and answer questions, but I am afraid once I do this, I will get suckered in for a whole lot more. How do I handle this tactfully and with class and not look like a B****? Thanks for the advise.
...............................................................................
don' t feel bad. You did what you had to do. Stay firm but yet compassionate. Stick to your guns and try to compromise but don't be a push over. good luck
...............................................................................
If you need your current boss to give you a recommendation or any feedback for a future job, I would be patient and adapt to his requests for the time being. But if you think you won't ever need a recommendation from him, I would not be flexible - do whatever you want to do. Three weeks notice is reasonable for a non-executive position.
...............................................................................
Um your boss is lucky you gave 3 weeks. Most people don't even give 2 weeks nowadays. He should also be thankful that you're willing to help train the new person.
...............................................................................
If he is that desperate to keep you, he would offer to pay whatever you want to keep you. Stick to your guns.
...............................................................................
These are tough economic times and a lot of companies are short of staff. This means employee turnover creates a hassle for the remaining employees because companies are reluctant to find replacements due to budget constraints and other reasons. However, you have already offered your assistance and he seems to want more. You should just state that you are available to train the new hire until you start your other job. It is important to offer your help but to be clear that you have limits. Conversations with managers can be difficult but the key is to provide them with options. Always offer options! None of the choices may be ideal for the manager but at the very least, you left the conversation open-ended. This is important.

This is not an easy task but I wish you the best of luck!