Cashing a cashiers check?

KK so heres the situation, im getting sent a check from a company b/c I sent them used video games, now when they send me the check it will have MY name on it but I dont have a bank account and am only 15, can my Mom cash it even if MY name is on the check but not HERS? Thank you
...............................................................................
I had this same dilemma when I was 15. Here's how I got my money.

I asked my mom to help me cash the check. I signed the back (if your name is on the front, it is correct for you to sign the back). My mom and I went together to the bank to cash the check.

The cashier asked my mom to also sign the back of the check because she was helping me (this may not still be true, but it might and is no big deal).

My mom had money in her own account to cover the check amount, so she was able to cash the check and give me the money.

We then went over to the bank manager and opened an account for me so I could save 10 percent of all my money. If you do this, you will be very happy to have a lot of cash in the future because you start saving now.

Good luck and good saving to you.

Shirley George Frazier
Author and Solo Business Expert
...............................................................................
You can open a bank account to cash it or keep it. All you need is for your mum to sign at the bank.

For your mum to cash it you would need to endorse it, that is sign it on the back, but as you are not legally an adult I don't think your signature would be valid..