Info on options trading?

I'm relatively new to the stock market and I have heard quite a bit about options trading. Can anybody shed some information on the risks as well as the viability of options trading in turning a profit?
...............................................................................
Maybe an example would help.

When I got hired at my company, I was given 1000 options of shares in the company. The price on my options was the value the day I was hired (let's say that was $50). I'm allowed to at a later date then buy shares at that price, regardless of what the actual value of the shares are.

So if the share price was now only $40/share, I don't have any obligation to buy those shares (or "exercise my options") at $50/share. However if the price today was $60/share, I still have the right to buy them if I want to. A common thing to do in that case is to buy the shares at your option price ($50) then immediately sell them at the current value ($60), which would mean I'd walk away with a profit of $10 a share.
...............................................................................
http://www.888options.com/basics/default...

http://www.optiontradingpedia.com

The buyer has the right to exercise an option but is not required to do so. It is the buyers choice.
http://www.optiontradingpedia.com/#what%...
Scroll down to "Stock Options-What is it"? and "Stock Options-In layman terms".
...............................................................................
1. the risk is if the option expires worthless.
2.it means buyers can decide to exercise the options or not.
...............................................................................
Option selling is great way to use options to make month income.
...............................................................................
CBOE and the OIC have websites and quickly answer the phone 888-678-4667