Can I get unemployment for wrongful termination of on-call job?

I was fired for being late at my on-call job. I wasn't given a written warning, and my boss didn't even offer to pay me out that day (which is supposed to happen if you're fired). There are people at my job that have been late 6+ times and are still working, and I was fired without warning for being late one day.

What are my rights? Can I file for unemployment? I am going to speak to the HR Manager tomorrow about this.
...............................................................................
You can apply for unemployment it depends on how much you had in wages over a certain period of months. Undfortunately most states are at-will and can fire you for no reason at all.
...............................................................................
You got fired for cause, for being late, so you don't have any "rights". Are you in the US? If so, you were most likely an employee at will, so even if you hadn't been late they could just fire you. What someone else does or doesn't get away with has no effect on your situation. Maybe the boss thinks they are better employees. And in the US there is no requirement to "pay out the day", just to pay you for the hours you actually worked. And it's not wrongful termination.

You can file for unemployment. If the employer fights it, you might not get it.
...............................................................................
Try and file. Can't hurt.




Teens! Moms! Need cash?

Take easy online yes/no surveys to make money at home. Really simple. Not a scam. You WILL get a check in the mail. Great for teens and stay at home moms. NO SCAM HERE!

http://sites.google.com/site/teensandmom...