Confused on biweekly paychecks, how am I geting an extra check?

I use to be military and would get paid the 1st and the 15th. Now I'm getting paid biweekly and I don't understand how I get an extra check.
I get paid on Mondays so my next check would be June 1st-Rent due, June- 15th other bills, June 29- Rent due, July 13- other bills, July 27, Rent Due. SO it doesn't seem like I'm getting an extra check.
...............................................................................
hi - you used to get paid 24 times a year, twice a month, roughly every 15 days.

now you get paid every two weeks, there are 52 weeks in a year, so you get paid 26 times a year, hence you get what some call "2 extra checks" a year. many people put those checks into savings, or make an extra mortgage paymentwith them.

If this is still not clear, feel free to email me.
...............................................................................
During some months, you will receive three checks rather than two checks within that month.

This will depend on the paycheck timetable.

For example, this coming August may be a month where you are paid three times - August 3, 17, and 31. You will know if this is true for you according to your payment weeks.

Check your calendar. The three-times payment may be as close as August. If not, it will happen in a later month. November is another three-Monday month.

Shirley George Frazier
Author and Solo Business Expert
...............................................................................
if you get paid bi weekly, you get paid every other week. so depending on how the weeks fall sometimes you get an extra week in a month, therefore rather than just two checks some months, youll get three