How do I tell employers about my name change?

k I had changed my name in court because I always hated it and I couldn't live with it, the judge granted my request. He gave me a name change certificate. So I've updated everything to my new name.

So anyway, I was asked to come to an interview at this new job and I really want to get this job but...

How do I bring up the name change in a classy manner?

I have my name change certificate, and I also have my old passport that was canceled by the U.S. government and they gave me a new passport in my new name. I kept my old passport because its proof of my birth name.

I don't want to overwhelm my employer. So how can I tell them of the name change in the most professional and classy way that I can?

I interviewed with this one place about 6 months ago, and when I told them about the name change and showed them my name change certificate the interviewer was a bit weird about it. But I mean like if I wanted to hide then I wouldn't have told him right?

He eventually called me a month later to give me the job but I turned down that position because I didn't feel like I would fit into that company and I didn't like the fact that he made me feel weird in the first place. So I didn't take that position.

So yea any tips that you can give me I would appreciate that a lot. Thank you.
...............................................................................
I also just recently had my name changed, and it was strictly to cut all ties with my biological father, but most people handle it just fine. Actually, I've never met anyone who hasnt. Some people seem a bit confused by the fact that my name changed, and it wasn't due to adoption or marriage, but hey? things happen! lol I would just be honest, tell them that you had a legal name change, and that you have all documents necessary and you are willing to hand them over (or make copies) for them. Good Luck.
...............................................................................
The name change should come up on the job application--as in, if they check your background, they will need to know that before , say, 2005, you went by Karen and now you go by Steve.

Unfortunately, if this involves gender reassignment, you will always have a terrible time.

If this is simply a name change and legal, limit it to "I legally changed my name from Karen to Anne in 2005 for personal reasons. All records before August 2005 are listed under Karen."
...............................................................................
You do not have to mention it during the interview. On the job application and your resume, you should indicate what your name was when you worked at the companies that you list in the experience section. You do not need to show documentation of the name change unless it is requested.
...............................................................................
Some job applications will ask you of any previous names you went by. Some wont ask this. What i would do is maybe type up a short but professional looking letter explaining that you had changed your name and put down what name you had before and maybe attach this letter to any resume or job application you turn in. This way if they go to call any previous employers or others for references your past employer will know who they are asking about.
I really wouldnt bog down the person interviewing you with this, they are more interested in your qualifications. Explaining something about a name change might get the conversation off track and also make it look as if you are trying to hide something from them.