Why are they so many dead beats out there that wants some thing for nothing?

They was a question on here from another user on settling his debt. He said he settled with other creditors for half what he owed but american express wouldn't settle for less than 85% of his debt. Well he wanted them to take a lump some of 50% and they refused to take it.
If you have they money to pay the lump somes to all these creditors,why can't they pay what they owe.
If you can't pay your credit card bills you have 2 options. 1 Debt management the other bankruptcy.

I saw the same question and was appalled by his attitude like "How dare they refuse to settle at 50%"!!! My personal thought is that 90% of society has lost their sense of financial responsibility. They act like spoiled 7 year old brats who pout until they get their way. This is the same population of people who rushed out to buy a house at the height of an obvious housing bubble, but now want the bank or the government to help them out because they cannot be responsible enough to man-up to the debts THEY signed up for. No one seems to think that there is or even SHOULD be consequences to being irresponsible with someone else's money.

Yes, I bought at the height of the housing bubble, not knowing what the future would hold, all I knew was that the apartment I lived in went condo and I was forced to move. Afraid the same thing would happen again, I bought instead of renting.... it is expensive to move after all. Report Abuse

so I got married, had to move, tried to sell for 2 years, got divorced, had to change jobs, work on commission, lost my house, filed bankruptcy, moved to home town, made 16k so far this year.... so NO I was not irresponsible, I made some bad decisions. 1-buying 2-marriage 3 changing jobs-no choice Report Abuse

Nice day for a rant.

Do you have a question?