Would my bad credit history affect my husband's credit if he's an authorized user of my credit cards?

I had really good credit history when I got married and added my husband as an authorized user on a couple of my credit cards. Since then, some life changing events have ruined my credit completely.

Other than 1 medical bill that's in collection (we just made arrangements for this), he has no other credit cards that are delinquent. Now if I remove him from my credit cards, do you know if this will help bring his credit score up?

Thank you!

Credit card companies report to the credit bureau the following:

Late payments, monthly balances, credit line

If he is an authorized user on that account, all of the those will be reported to the credit bureau and will reflect on his credit. Good or bad.

Call the credit card companies and have his name removed as an authorized user.

FICO was going to change it to where being an authorized user did not count, but received so many protest from genuine accounts that they decide that the account is legitimate as an authorized user when a person receives a credit card for their use on someone else's account. Below is a link where you can read about it.

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-n…

Being listed as an authorized user on your credit card in no way affects your husband's credit. The account it attached to you and you alone. When you add an authorized user, usually only a name is requested, therefore there would be no way to report anything on that person as they do not have a SSN. Unless you both are considered account holders (both have signed the credit agreement), only you are responsible for the debt, and it would only be reported to the credit bureaus in your name.