Why isn't my taxes installment payment arrangement request processed yet?

After I filed my taxes, I owed GA state taxes. In April 2009 (this yr), I filled out an Installment Payment Agreement form and emailed it w/ a voided check. From then, till now, I have not heard anything about it. I was in touch via email with someone, but haven't heard back from him. He said he sent it in for processing and that the monthly payment would get taken out of my account on the 10th of every month, but that has not happened yet. He also said that I would receive a letter from the IRS about my payment arrangement. I have not gotten that letter yet.
Does it take this long? I am a little worried. What should I do?

You need to resolve a state issue with the state tax authority not the IRS. If you owe GA tax you need to contact the GA state tax authority.

I'm confused. If you owed GA state taxes, why did you try to set up a payment arrangement with the IRS?

Who exactly do you owe?