Minimum amount of money to have in a risk free CD for Bank of America?

I recently have become very conscious about saving money. I have finally stopped withdrawing money from saving account and because of it I now have more money in my savings account than ever before. Recently I have been thinking about putting my money in a risk free CD because they gain more interest than a regular savings account. Is there a certain amount of money you have to have in order to have a risk free CD? if so what is it? I barely have a thousand dollars in my savings which I know isn't great but I'm only a college student. Also are there are any other savings options or should I just stick with my regular savings account?

p.s- I bank with Bank of America
...............................................................................
Good for you for saving!! Getting into the habit at your age will let you create good things.

If you check the Bank of America website, you'll see that both the Risk Free and High Yield CDs require a $5000 deposit. That's common. My niece banks at US Bank. They do CDs for smaller amounts and variable maturity periods. Other banks offer this, too. You'll just have to look around.

Something else to consider: I've been an Edward Jones client for almost 15 years and am very happy with their service. EJ offers lots of good options and many of their advisors will take the time to coach you.
...............................................................................
I would suggest going to a local credit union for higher interest rates and lower minimal balance requirement for any account anyway Take Care and God Bless
...............................................................................
Here are two ideas to suggest until you accumulate a little more money.

As a student, you are probably eligible to join a credit union. Many credit unions offer certificates that require only $500 or $1,000 to open.

They also usually offer no-fee low-minimum-balance Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) that work more like a savings account. You also have the option of IRA certificates. The benefit of an IRA savings account is that you can add small amounts to it over time. If you select a Roth IRA, you can take the contributions out at any time without paying a penalty or taxes - you just can't take the earnings.

If you have earned income from a part-time job, you are eligible to have a Roth IRA. If your income is low, you may qualify for a tax credit that can match your IRA contribution, effectively doubling your contribution. The percentage of the match is determined by your income level.

Congratulations on starting a savings plan! Good luck.