Should I call the manager? To do it or not to do it?

I had a job interview Monday. He told me if he hadn't contacted me during the week, to call him by Friday. I don't want to seem desperate, even though I am. Should I wait for him to call or call him, and what do I say? He made it seem like I would surely get the job.
...............................................................................
It is nice to call up - you can always tell him that he had asked you to call you. Desperation will be noticed if you are nervous and repetitive in the calls. Just one call cannot be interpreted as one of desperation, that too when you were asked to call on Friday.
...............................................................................
yeah if he told you to call then call.
maybe he's testing you.

answer my question.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...