Was ING a good move for me?

I currently opened an ING (orange savings account). Im just trying to make my money grow/ work for me. I have no experience in savings CD, stock all that. But I've heard that savings accounts are pretty safe, and its good when they have interest like ING. Has anyone had experience with them? Was this a smart move for me? I plan on adding money once I get some assurance that this was a good move. They have a 1.50% APY.
...............................................................................
I have ing for 7 years with no problems I also like there checking account and use there free bill pay to pay most of my bills.
...............................................................................
no. money will lose its value. so it will be better for you to have some exposure of stocks. ING has sharebuilder which is great for beginners who are interested in investing in stocks.
...............................................................................
If you're trying to save money, yes.

HSBC offers a bit higher yield.

https://www.hsbcdirect.com/1/2/1/?code=P...