If I cancel my Visa credit card...?

At the moment I'm charged ~$10 a month in interest and administrative fees. My buddy implied that if I were to cancel my card, I'd either stop paying interest or it would be reduced.

Is this true? And is this a viable solution?
...............................................................................
you cannot cancel ur card until is paid off. If ou dont want ti higher than cut it up so you cant spend. $10 a month is really cheap...pay more if you want to get it paid off quicker but you are still going to be responsible for the interest and fees...read your cadmember agreemet
...............................................................................
You can cancel your card if you want, But you will still get the bills.every month
Untill it's payed off.