One of my friend is looking for apartment to rent in franklin Square.long island.ny.area.what's the best way?

one of my friend is looking for apartment to rent in franklin sqaure.long island.ny.area.what's the best way to find it?Do they have apartment complex and also have rental office where we can call them or go personally?I have heard they don't have anything like that but have to go through real estate agent.Is it true?Thank you.
...............................................................................
There are very few complexes in Franklin Square and you do NOT have to go through an agent.

Try these sites:

www.newsday.com

www.pennysaver.com

www.craigslist.com
...............................................................................
I just looked at http://apartments.cazoodle.com and I found 64 rentals in Franklin Square. Check out the link below for a more detailed list to go and look at.