Is havng 'Your Own Background Check' something that will help you, as the ad says to go along with Resume?

I am wondering... When going for a job, i have seen it advertised for a company to do your own state-wide background check for you. I am tempted to do this. It says: If an employer is thinking of hiring you, having your own background check results as run by that company will save them the time of doing so, and put you at an edge to get hired.

Is this true? I am thinking of going this route. Any insight here, and ways to best present yourself to employers (from Fast Food to upscale Fast Food to Customer Service, any employer general things?) Thanks
Category
Business & Finance > Corporations
...............................................................................
Coming from the employer/hiring manager side of this, it would mean very little to me. Yes, I would be happy you were willing to divulge your background, but I would still have to verify it if I was going to use it. Any company that was interested in a true background check would do their own verification.
...............................................................................
I was considering that also. But in calling the state office, was told to go through them only as those online places, will need all of your personal information, and do not have total access to you and the job place will do their own check, at the level they want info from anyhow no matter what. I wanted to see mine for something that happend as a kid to see what it shows. Im still considering getting it. BUT there are laws, that whoever obtains that info, its illegal to share with anyone! So like I take it since an employer by law may not show you their results I take it, by law, I couldnt show my own to anyone! Stupid huh. Most states charge around 25.00, AND, each has its own rules, there is a fingerprint scan or card, that must be done properly and paid for if its a scan, and u must use the places liscenced by the state. Look under your states attorney generals website I think it is to obtain this info, dont use anyone online, and in any situation, be very leary of who online you submit any info too. Ebay, Amazon, big companies are fine, but like even my bank, I get scam emails from people pretending to be my bank, and if I click the link and try to sign in, it gives the theifs my name and password to my bank account, so be careful ok!!
I do not believe it will give you an edge, what you order wont be the same company that they use.
I will suggest something to you that I did last week that was invaluable information!
The unemployment offices, at their job site offices, give classes, they are truly amazing, can be over whelming too a bit
Go take their resume class, if theres two setions of the class go to both!
Fast food jobs, are for first time jobbers or extra income for others. They are use to seeing no jobs listed as far as experience, so nothing but honest answers, dressed nicely, good presentation and hygeine are all that matter.
Other jobs, can hire first timers too, so same applies, later in life though, and the companies once you have jobs, want to see information that is not just a list of skills, they want foo foo language to descrive what you did while using those tools.
Someday when you have the time, the job serivces office has great info and classes, I highly suggest going. You not need be on UI to get these helps! If you do, you will thank me. I cant believe how diferent things are, what big companies want to see and hear from me while interviewing.
This is what I am doing at home right now for a job that has invited me to test, my 10 key skills arent up to par, so this site is so addicting, and I am really enjoying this practice, I plan on uping my typing speed also, there are many free online sites with info on job skills, this is awesome, see if you like this site.
All skills interlace somehow. A skill listed is a skill listed. Jobs want to see info that relates to them specifically, but any training, or skill you have in addition is icing on the top as saying who you are as a person and your abilities to learn.