If you worked at a job for 14 years , would you think that you have seniority?

Just curious , I have been at my job for 14 years , and at one time
loved every morning , couldn't wait to get there , alot of changes have taken place , I was once a leader and took care of what we call
"cells" they took that job away from me because of the changes although pointed out that for the 7 years I took care of the unit , I did well , I had a phone , I placed orders , I ran the unit to the best of my ability , took care of backorders , told my boss when I was short on parts , dealt with the vendor .. Now our company has went to this " lean " stuff , and in electronics its a bit hard to do , I no longer have this postion , and a new boss , well have many .. I try to go with the flow , and have been out now for a month due to medical problems
I am going back soon , but I am so dreading it , its like no one cares anymore ... I can't make it like it was , and sometimes change is good but when you bring in people to do this , the money they spend on trying to fix what wasn't broken , saddens me .. In my department I am the only one that has been there 14 years .. My boss 3 years ..
I dunno ...
...............................................................................
Sorry to say no. Spending 14 years basically on the same job does not mean you're qualified to run the business. You had to be promoted to a higher position to overtake your boss, which you could try to do even if there were some one with 20 years of history on the job. Look at how US Presidents are elected, seniority has nothing to do with the results.
...............................................................................
These days in the job market, there is no such thing as seniority. If a new person just graduated school gets a position you have had for...oh 10 years, they out rank you because they have the new skills to get the job done faster. Sorry that's just the way it is.