Guess what's not in my wallet? Cap One increase rate AGAIN?

Got a "important notice" yesterday from Capital One that they would be increasing my interest rate 22.9% a of April 2010. They are now calling my current rate "a promotional rate" in order to get around the new credit card regulations.

This is the THIRD rate hike on this card in a year. So, I will be opting out and closing this account. I am so done with credit cards. I am willing to take the hit to my FICO (not going to take out any loans in the near future) in order to severe my ties with this horrible company. I have never been late EVER.

Anyone else get this letter and opting out of their increases?
...............................................................................
I have never been late and have never carried a balance on my Capital One Platinum card in over 2 years and they sent me a letter raising my rate for cash advances to 22.9% but since I never use the cash advance option it's no big deal.

They have not raised my regular rate but again since I always pay in full every month it still would not matter if they did.

Whats really funny is 3 days before I got the increase letter I got another one from them with checks included offering 0% for 6-months on anything I wanted to write a check for. Go figure.
...............................................................................
opt out,many, many are . I did!