Checking account question?

I'm going out of state for the summer and I plan on life guarding at a middle school. (My relative is able to get me a job) they just pay me in cash through check. So I was wondering because I am new to a checking account (I only had a savings before) will I be able to put my money into my checking account as long as i have my account number and such.



Thanks
...............................................................................
~~Yes, once you open your checking account you can deposit the check into your account. Most banks place holds on all deposit the first thirty days, and may only give you a percentage of your deposit until the hold clears, so ask about this when you open your account.

f your branch is out of state, ask your bank for preprinted deposit slips. Then write for deposit only, endorse the check, then put you account number under your name. You can then mail it to your bank and the check can't be cashed if it were lost in the mail.

If your branch is in the same state, then you simply deposit via the ATM, or through a teller.~~