Can I tell FedEx to NOT deliver to my neighbors?

I'm expecting a laptop in the mail for my birthday.

It was supposed to be delivered on the 4th of June but miraculously they finished up an sent it out to be shipped really fast so it'll be here on either the 27th or the 28th (my exact birthday!).

I'm excited, but on the FedEx tracking page they say that they require an indirect signature and it can be signed for by anyone including neighbors.

I DO NOT WANT THIS. I'm moving on the first and basically (I just deleted like 3 paragraphs to simplify this) I'm positive some of my former neighbors have stolen from me, I seen remains of my things in their empty house. The remaining neighbor is close with them and getting evicted just like they did and I don't trust them not to sign for my laptop then jump ship.

I don't want the happiness of moving out of this once good neighborhood into a currently good one and my birthday ruined by thieving neighbors. So what should I do? Leave a note on my door and mailbox? Call Dell(I ordered from them)? Call FedEx?
...............................................................................
I'd do ALL OF THE ABOVE. And if there's any way you could get a trusted friend or relative to wait at your house for the package, I'd try that, too. This is too important (well, too expensive) to take a chance on something going wrong.