Credit Repair Removal of Paid Collections?

Hi, hopefully someone can shed some light on my dilemma. I have an old collection agency mark on my credit report 11/2001. This was a $90 debt that I was a few months late on paying, in turn it was reported to an agency and put on my report. Since then I have only one other negative mark on my report (60 day CC late payment). Anyway to no avail I have tried to get this off my report. Has anyone tried to contact their original creditor or the collection agency with the purpose of requesting removal? I have seen instances where people have bargained for collections removal for full payment, but in my case I paid them almost 6 years ago.
...............................................................................
as long as it was latew, it does not have to be legally removed

I've bookmarked this site...

http://debt.knowledged.info/credit_card....

Hope it all works out
...............................................................................
The original creditor cannot delete anything from your credit file. You can apply to Equifax or Experian to have it removed, you can do this online.