How can I borrow from a life insurance policy that another individual holds on me?

When I was an infant, a family member pulled out a life insurance policy on me. I am now 20, and the policy is still in effect. I'm in a serious financial situation with debt from hospital bills and I wondered how I could borrow on that money.

I know it's possible I just need some advice and direction.

Please help!!
...............................................................................
It would depend on the type of insurance and how much the value is.
I would call the insurance company and ask them direct, and ask how old you have to be to draw on it.
Ask them what type of policy it is.
I took one out on my grandson and he was able to use it for college.
...............................................................................
You can't. Only the owner can borrow against the cancellation value of the policy.

If it makes you feel better, it's probably not much money at all, that you could borrow - if it's a $20,000 policy, you'd be lucky if the cash borrow value is more than $500.
...............................................................................
Only the owner can borrow any money or make any changes to the policy. A lot of policies make you the owner at age 18 or 21 so check the policy if you can.
...............................................................................
Only the policy owner can borrow.