Can I add a person to my insurance if i dont own the car?

Okay, my live in boyfriend just got a car and is leasing it through an auto dealer, and making payments. The car is in his name. I would like to know if he can be added to my insurance policy? Does the car have to be in my name to be on my insurance policy?

Yes, you can add him as a driver to your car insurance. No, you cannot add his leased car to your policy - you have no insurable interest. The car would have to be either owned by you, or leased to you, for you to be able to add it to your policy.

Question is how did u get insurance if you don't own a car?

You can't insure what you don't have. Whoever name the car is in must get the insurance, and then they can add you on to the policy if they want to.

But the answer to your question is NO. You cannot add anyone to insurance on a car that is NOT yours. You can't even get insurance on a car, if your name isn't on the car.

Step 1. Marry him.
Step 2. Call insurance company. Tell them that you are now married and need to change your policy to a joint policy that will be yours and his.
Step 3. Add him and his car to the policy.

Any lease is going to require that the Lessee have insurance in their own name.

autoinsurance.bebto.com - try this one. I have their car insurance and, as I know, they can provide such a service.