Does anyone know how the safeway cash register work?

I am starting a job at safeway but I have to do the cash register and I don't want to come up short and I suck at math and etc. does the cash registers work like calculators? I need to know?

You've never shopped at Safeway to see the cash register in action?

It's all automated. You scan the item, it gets added to the order, and the bill is added up automatically. If the person hands you cash to pay, you punch the amount he gave you into the cash register, and it tells you how much money to give in change. Coins are dispensed automatically, but you'll have to hand out the proper amount in bills (if any.)

Hopefully you know how to count money, because at the end of your shift, you'll tell the register to print out a report of everything that was sold, and how much cash should be remaining in the drawer. You'll need to verify that amount is in the drawer (exact amount - not more, not less)

what is your intentions??

Dont worry you should be receiving job training other wise if you dont have experience you shouldnt be working there!

I am pretty sure the cash register works like any other lol