Can a lien be palced on my checking account by a Debt FIRM if I make a payment to the CREDIT card originator?

Hi! I've defaulted on a Capital One card and it is now with a Debt Collections Firm. I cannot pay the full sum they're Demanding (including their so-called "payment plan").

HOWEVER *On a Mastercard that I am now in good standing with but was formerly overlimit on (but not in collections) The Mastercard rep mentioned that if I continued to make payments on that card -even if it didn’t meet their minimum request, that her employer could not send me to collections or take any other type of legal action.

*Does this rule apply to Capital One card *Collections? Even though it's in collections (threatening legal action),

IF I MAKE AN ONLINE PAYMENT TO THE CARD ORIGINATOR, CAN THE COLLECTIONS FIRM STILL PUT A LIEN ON MY CHECKING ACCOUNT?

Thanks for your advice!

Yes. What you heard from Mastercard is their POLICY. Their policy is not binding to ANY other company. This is not a "rule", law, or regualtion that they told you.

if its in collections its probably too late to pay anything to the original creditor.
capital one is nasty.