How come my car loan hasnt been paid off by the dealership?

I traded in my car for a truck on July 23rd. last month. it's now Aug 9th and I haven't recvd any paperwork from the new credit union. they told me it was financed, but why no paper? I keep calling my old credit union to ask if the loan has been paid off, they say no. what should i do? iv tried calling the dealership to talk with financing but no one answers in that department. no one calls me with the status of my account. is the dealership required to pay that payment since they have the car and not me? if they don't pay then what can the credit union do so that it doesnt show up on my credit report as a missed payment? help me. first time trading cars and it's a horrible experience. what should i do?

Better safe than sorry. Make the payment. Once it's sorted out at the dealership the bank will refund you the payment. Don't ruin your credit.

I've had good luck here...

http://auto.deal4-you.com

Take care.

Unfortunately, it can take a couple of weeks. That happened to me, I got a late mark on my credit, and I disputed it and they removed it (the late mark so it was all positive), so you can always do that. It can take 30-60 days for you to even get a loan statement in the mail from the new truck, so you have to wait with that.

I would also suggest writing letters to the parties involved and keeping copies so that you can show you did your due diligence, just in case there's a problem down the road.

Its just that car loans lately been a challenge to obtain recently. The websites places are good and I have heard the are a nicer experience.

My friend recently used http://auto.deal4-you.com

I thought today was October 23?

I would march myself down to that dealership. This is not the first time I have heard of a dealership NOT paying off someones trade!